Find out what's going on at the site
Six superb years as Site Manager
After six highly successful and productive years as the volunteer Campsite Manager of Danemead Scout Campsite Matt has decided that the time has come to step aside and allow somebody new to take over the day to day management of the campsite and its facilities.
If you have been a regular visitor to Danemead over the past six years you will have noticed the many site improvements that have been planned and executed by Matt and Team.
- the full renovation of Hornbeam Lodge including a brand new cooker, an American Style Fridge Freezer and a new boiler and heating system not to mention the indoor toilet and shower facilities.
- Complete refurbishment of the disabled toilet and a new roof for the toilet block
- Refurbishment of the campsite office and shop
- Refurbishment of the Crew accommodation
- Building of an outdoor classroom area
- Tanked gas to both Hornbeam Lodge and the toilet block
- Improved drainage and water supplies across the site
- Replacement of the pumps that supply the campsite water (and the water to neighbouring properties)
- Numbered “Camping Pitches” (A first for Danemead) and coming soon a new flail mower to keep them tidy
- CCTV & site wide wi-fi
- Increased social media presence via our totally refreshed website and Facebook Pages
- Mud Run and Survival Camp weekends
- Our strong partnership with “BushScouts”
It therefore goes without saying that Matt will leave a huge hole in the management of Danemead, a site whose usage is increasing week on week and is the go-to site for DofE expeditions, backwoods weekends and traditional Scout camping.
If you feel that you have the potential to fill the hole, then watch this space as we will very shortly be posting a job description and application form. Closing date for applications will be Saturday 30th September 2023.
The great news is that Matt is staying on as a member of the Danemead Crew and will be around to help our new site manager transition into their new role.