Coronavirus

This dedicated page contains all the information and answers to questions regarding the site and the coronavirus. 

Last update on Wednesday 24th March 2020 at 18:41

Statement from the Site Manager and Chairman

At 20.35 today, following the latest statement from the Prime Minister, the Scout Association issued the following statement;  “all face-to-face Scout meetings, activities and events must be suspended from tomorrow, Tuesday, 17 March 2020.”

A similar statement has also been released by GirlGuiding.

As we are a Scout campsite we must follow the policy and rules given to us by the Scout Association. This sadly means that Mud Run 2020 will be postponed. We are hoping to run the event later this year. However, a date cannot be set until we are informed that the current suspension has been lifted.

This also means that all weekend camping and day visits are suspended with immediate effect.

Any current bookings made with us will be honoured by allowing groups to re-book in the future without losing their deposits. More information on this will follow in the coming days but at this moment in time we are unable to take any new bookings until we have a clearer picture as to when the site will be able to reopen.

This page and our social media channels will be updated frequently. So please ensure you check them before contacting us and please bear with us during these most unprecedented of times.

Matt & Chris

Cancellations and Booking Information

In light of uncertain times, should any group wish to cancel their booking they will receive a refund of 50% and a discount of 25% of the original booking off their next booking. This applies to notifications of cancellations made up up to 30th April 2020 (after this time we will review the situation).

This covers all bookings.

Please send notifications through the help centre and ensure you receive an acknowledgement from the booking team.

Mud Run 2020

At this time as Mud Run is postponed and not cancelled, we will not be offering a refund. If we do end up cancelling the event due to the Scout Association suspending for the whole year then we will re-evaluate.

A Danemead management meeting will be held mid April and we will set a date at this meeting. If people cannot attend the date set then we will decide how refunds can be handled at this meeting also.

Useful Information

Advice from the Government
Advice from the NHS
BBC Information

Advice from The Scout Association

The Great Indoors, from The Scout Association

 

Return to Latest News

Camping