Thanks for taking time to look into making a booking for our campsite. How does the process work ?
- Booking taken through our online system, you will get a confirmation code and your booking is confirmed (subject to the deposit being paid within 28 days)
- In a few days you will receive an email with an invoice.
- Pay the deposit within 28 days
- Pay the balance during your stay at the site or by arrangement with the booking secretary.
What are our prices ?
If you have any queries about our prices please contact us through the Ask Us Centre.
|Type||Further Information||Group Type||Cost||Deposit|
|Camping||Scouts from Districts owning the site**||£3 per night||£50 or 50% total cost|
|Camping||Other Scouts and Guides||£4 per night||£50 or 50% total cost|
|Camping||Other Groups and Schools||£5 per night||£50 or 50% total cost|
|Day Visitor||Scouts from Districts owning the site**||£2 per day||£25 or 50%of total cost|
|Day Visitor||Other Scouts and Guides||£2 per day||£25 or 50%of total cost|
|Day Visitor||Other Groups and Schools||£2 per day||£25 or 50%of total cost|
|Evening Visitor||Scouts from Districts owning the site**||£1 per evening||£25 or 50%of total cost|
|Evening Visitor||Other Scouts and Guides||£1 per evening||£25 or 50%of total cost|
|Evening Visitor||Other Groups and Schools||£1 per evening||£25 or 50%of total cost|
|Weekend Indoor Accommodation (Fri 8pm - Sun 4pm)||Uncle Tom's Cabin*||Scouts from Districts owning the site**||£252||£126|
|Weekend Indoor Accommodation (Fri 8pm - Sun 4pm)||Uncle Tom's Cabin*||Other Scouts and Guides||£336||£168|
|Weekend Indoor Accommodation (Fri 8pm - Sun 4pm)||Uncle Tom's Cabin*||Other Groups and Schools||£420||£210|
|Indoor Accommodation (Daytime and Overnight)||Uncle Tom's Cabin*||Scouts from Districts owning the site**||£126 per 24 hrs||£63 per 24 hrs|
|Indoor Accommodation (Daytime and Overnight)||Uncle Tom's Cabin*||Other Scouts and Guides||£168 per 24 hrs||£84 per 24 hrs|
|Indoor Accommodation (Daytime and Overnight)||Uncle Tom's Cabin*||Other Groups and Schools||£210 per 24 hrs||£105 per 24 hrs|
* Hire of Uncle Toms Cabin includes camping fees for 24 people, whether they sleep in Uncle Toms Cabin or camp.
** Districts that own the site and entitled to a lesser rate are Barnet, Chingford, Enfield and North London.
Deposits for camping, day visits and evening visits are due at whichever is the lower total.
Terms and Conditions
When making a booking with us the following terms and conditions apply :
Making a Booking
- A booking for camping, indoor accommodation, day visits or an activity at Danemead must be made by an online booking form, please note bookings are only honored once booking form has been completed. Deposits are due 28 days after the online booking.
- Deposits are £50.00 or 50% of the booking whichever is lower, day visitor £25.00 or 50% of the booking whichever is lower and indoor accommodation deposits 50% of the building hire.
- Weekend bookings are normally 20:00hrs on Friday to 16:00hrs on Sunday, if you have differing requirements please ensure these are requested via the booking secretary at least 28 days in advance of your visit. We will endeavour to accommodate your request however our wardens are volunteers, so it may not always be possible.
- Details of how to pay are contained in your email containing your invoice.
- Final balance for building hire must be received 14 days prior to your group attending site and final balance for camp dues must be settled by 11am on the day you leave site (by cash, cheque) if you wish to pay by bank transfer this must be received 3 days before you attend site and a copy of the transfer emailed direct to the Bookings Secretary. Please note any groups leaving site without paying will be charged an additional £20 admin charge.
- Any cheques returned not cleared by our bankers will be subject to an additional charge of £25.00 to cover bank fees.
- All deposits are non-refundable, please note if you cancel a booking with 28 days’ notice then we will hold your deposit over to another booking if made within 12 months, if you cancel with less than 14 days you will be liable for all building costs as per your initial invoice.
Cancellation and Alteration
- The Danemead Management Committee reserves the right to cancel, alter or delay any event/camp where forced to do so by circumstances beyond our control, under these circumstances, should this be necessary then we can arrange for a full refund.
- Should the online booking found to be incorrect the correct details will be issued in the invoice.
Safeguarding and Safety
- All adults staying overnight at the campsite must have a current enhanced scouting DBS check, it is the responsibility of the group leader to ensure this is adhered to, any adults found to not be in possession of a current DBS check will not be permitted to stay overnight when young people are onsite.
- The Danemead Management Committee reserves the right to send away from the site any person who in the wardens judgement is found to be unmanageable or a danger to the safety or enjoyment of others.In this event no refund will be given.
- Activities based in, over or near the bomb hole must have adult supervision at all time. It is the responsibility of the group leader to ensure that this rule is complied with at all times and all precautions with regards to safety have been taken. Other activities may require the wearing of safety equipment, such as helmets or buoyancy aids. Where such equipment is specified by the Danemead Management Committee or the Scout association’s health and safety regulations, participants must wear it at all times during the activity. Certain activities are only suitable for specific age groups and these age restrictions must be adhered to. It is the responsibility of the group leader to ensure that all reasonable safety precautions are taken for any activities undertaken. The Danemead Management Committee accepts no responsibility when groups fail to adhere to these rules.
- Some activities are potentially dangerous if not skilfully undertaken. Activities must be run in accordance with the current rules stated in the Policy, Organisation & Rules of The Scout Association (POR). If the warden/crew deem an activity to be unsafe or inappropriate they reserve the right to cancel, withdraw or curtail an activity early. This decision is final and no dispute will be entered into.
- It is the responsibility of the group leader to ensure that all areas used by their group are left in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the booking, if this is not adhered to then your group will be subjected to an additional cleaning charge.
- In the event of any damages caused by participants to property or equipment belonging to Danemead, except for fair wear and tear, this will be charged to the group in full. Any damages must be reported to the warden immediately.
All information given in any literature produced by or on behalf of the Danemead Management Committee (including the internet and social media) is correct at the time of going to press. It is given in good faith and is intended as a guide to the campsites and its facilities. These can be altered without notice due to seasonal or other conditions.
The confirmation of a booking (by payment of a deposit) will be taken as full acceptance of these terms and conditional including any future amendments.