The following rules have been drawn up to assist with the management of the site, the enjoyment of other users and for health and safety reasons.
The Duty Warden may ask visitors who are not following the rules to leave the site.
- No vehicles are allowed beyond the car park.
- Your leader should introduce themselves to the Warden immediately on arrival
- Providore – Please contact the Warden to arrange opening.
- The flag pole outside Uncle Tom’s Cabin (UTC) is for use by the occupants of UTC.
- All Groups must provide their own First Aid Kits.
- All accidents must be reported to the warden immediately.
- Activities based in, over or near the bomb hole must have adult supervision at all times.
- Before you leave your leader must pay the Warden and ask for a site inspection.
- Make the most of your time here – it’s a wonderful place.
- Make use of the chapel and campfire circle. (Have a word with the Warden first, to avoid double-booking.)
- Pick up litter, even if it isn’t yours.
- Leave your site clean – rubbish to be bagged up and put in the Council bin by the entrance.
- Extinguish fires – use plenty of water! Do NOT distribute ashes in the undergrowth (this is a SSSI site and that is a definite no-no); they MUST be bagged up and treated as rubbish. But if an altar fire is still hot, do not attempt to move but let the Warden know.
- If you have used UTC, leave it clean, especially the cooking equipment.
- Leave the toilets how you would expect to find them! If you have any concerns about the condition of the toilets, report it to the Warden straight away.
- Maintain the convention of all quiet between the hours of 11pm and 7am.
Please DO NOT
- Drop litter.
- Light fires on the ground except in the Camp Fire Circle as there is a serious risk of starting underground fires. Alter fires are available from the Warden.
- Leave taps running.
- Wash up under taps.
- Wash up in the toilet hand basins.
- Try to light fires with toilet paper – it doesn’t work.
- Ride on the trollies – it can seriously damage your health.
- Smoke in Uncle Tom’s Cabin or the toilets – it’s against the law.
- Bring dogs on site (except assistance dogs).
- Dig wet or dry pits or pits for sanitary waste.
- Bring air guns or any other form of weapon onto the site; you will be asked to leave if you do.
We want everybody to have a great time here so please leave the site as beautiful as you found it, and go home healthy so that you can come again.
At Danemead, cutting any standing tree, alive or dead, is a mortal sin.
The Warden will pass sentence on perpetrators before the sun is set,
and prayers will be offered for the salvation of their souls.